Re: [teacherartexchange] "Real artists don't copy" - Tomie dePaola interview

---------

From: Betty B (bettycarol_40_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 26 2005 - 08:48:48 PST

This is a great little article Judy, thanks.

I had to laugh when he went home in kinder. I did the
same thing in first grade. I finished my work early
one day and packed up my stuff and got my coat to
leave. The teacher caught me before I was out the door
and explained that I had to stay until a certain time
even if I was finished with everything. I was
clueless.

We got out half an hour earlier than the other grades
and my mom was the 3rd grade teacher, so I had my own
little desk in the back of the room with lots of paper
and crayons! (and even the treat of an occasional
coloring book, which were verboten in our house!)