[teacherartexchange] "Real artists don't copy" - Tomie dePaola interview

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 25 2005 - 08:07:32 PST

Greetings Art Educators,

Kathy Douglas posted this to TAB Choice list. I thought I would share
it with you.

Subject: "real artists don't copy" (Tomie dePaola)

http://www.readingrockets.org/books/interviews/depaola/transcript

This is a nice article; however I think his advice can/should be
applied to ALL students, not just the gifted ones.

I believe it you treat students as though they are gifted they may
prove you correct.
I enjoyed reading the interview...

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department