[teacherartexchange] xerox to canvas transfers

---------

From: Michelle Kee (m1kee2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 24 2005 - 11:01:26 PST

Please be careful when using solvents of any nature. They are instantly
absorbed through the skin, travel through the subcutaneous fat entering your
system. Eventually reverse sensitivity evolves where even smelling the
sovent will set off a reaction. Wear gloves and ensure their is fresh air
flow. Lacquer thinner poured over the back of the image, pressed onto the
receiving material, burnished gives an immediate transfer. cigarette
Lighter fluid is another solvent resulting in a softer image. Avoid high
gloss images (protective coating), National Geographics works well. You can
now also print the image from your computer onto special transfer paper -
there are several updated books available on the topic outlining all the
techniques. I go with Wood on the Kinkos idea.

michelle at mohave