[teacherartexchange] Homage to 20th Century Artists - Sculptural Headwear

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 22 2005 - 13:02:28 PST

Dear Art Educators,

Someone a while back was looking for examples of Hats "in the style
of" - Well, I just found this link while exploring Craig Roland's @rt
Room. I had seen these before, but had forgotten about them. I will
have to add a link on IAD, too.

Germantown Academy - Homage to 20th Century Artists - Sculptural Headwear:
http://www.ga.k12.pa.us/academics/ms/msarts/curriculum/headpiece01/headcmodels.html
These were created by middle school students (8th grade).

Here is a "blurb" I found on the site:
Homage to 20th Century Artists - Sculptural Headpiece

"The culminating art project in 8th grade this year is to create a
sculptural headpiece in homage to a 20th century artist. This project
gives students the opportunity to work with a vast array of materials,
experiment with new processes, and explore innovative solutions. In
addition the classes learn about art history in an integrative way,
combining research with hands-on application and understanding through
art making. The student's job is to determine what they want to make
and the teacher helps with how to do it."

Happy Sculpting - looks like a load of fun.

Regards,

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/