RE: [teacherartexchange] science site

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 21 2005 - 10:27:56 PST

Judy Decker sent this 0ut last year - Ellen

15. Eye of Science
http://www.eyeofscience.de/eos2/index2.html

The wonderful Eye of Science project began in 1994, and is currently under
the direction of Oliver Meckes and Nicole Ottawa. As their philosophic
statement on this website states, "Our aim is to combine scientific
exactness with aesthetic appearances, and thereby help to bridge the gap
between the world of science and the world of art." In order to help serve
this mission, they have placed numerous examples of their work online in a
series of galleries on this site. Using electron microscopy and a host of
other equipment and techniques, the pair has created these fine images of
such things as parasites, cross-sections of a lavender leaf, and a rather
harrowing photograph of an itch mite. Along with viewing these images,
visitors can also learn about the awards they have received and learn about
the equipment they use in their work. [KMG]