Re: [teacherartexchange] clay cleanup help

---------

From: Kristina (mhamster_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 20 2005 - 21:18:31 PST

on 11/20/05 3:48 PM, Marvin Bartel at marvinpb@goshen.edu wrote:

>> This is the first year we've offered ceramics . . . we still have so much
>> dust that I leave footprints wherever I go. . . . Any ideas?
>> diane

This will be my first year also...and the room I will be using has believe
it or not indoor/outdoor carpeting. It is a modular unit separate from the
main bldg. Before the art room shared a space with the Spanish class so i
am thrilled to get a room dedicated to the art class. In this large room we
have computers at the other end of the 44 feet with tables and drawing in
the middle. Ceramics has a table near the water on the opposite wall.

My question is what kind of clean up will I need to be aware of with the
carpet?

We are only doing handblding until I can get a handle on things...i uhem do
not know how to throw yet...next semester I will be doing a directed studies
class with a local college and professional potter in my area, which is
the middle of no where.

Kristina