Re: [teacherartexchange] computer lesson plans

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 20 2005 - 08:35:49 PST

Nora and all,

Since you only have ONE day.... I would definitely do the Internet
rather than art software. Many of your students may have Internet
access at home but they may not have the art software you choose. You
want to develop that quest for life long learning. Give some rewards
(points) for students that continue the learning on the topic at home.
They will not be able to fully complete it in one session (I am
assuming your classes are 40 to 45 minutes long).

Is yours a PC lab? If so, I can share with you some links for simple
lessons you can do with PC Paint that is on all machines in some
version or other. I think the lessons could be adapted to a similar
program for Macs.

If you need help developing a WebQuest lesson for your students, let
me know. I have offered my services to all list members, but so far NO
ONE has taken me up on the offer. There is always a first (smile). I
won't have the time to do a thorough quest (like on the official
WebQuest site) but I could do a modified one. See my Internet Lessons.
There might even be something I could adapt for you:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/artnet.htm

What are you studying now in your studio class? The Internet lesson
should relate to that. Give me your current lesson - or your next
studio lesson and I could help come up with a lesson to compliment
that. Please reply to this OFF LIST.

Regards,

Judy Decker