Re: [teacherartexchange] clay cleanup help

---------

From: Diane C. Gregory (dianegregory_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 20 2005 - 08:13:03 PST

Hi Diane,

You might also see if you can get/use a wet/dry vac. I had one and it helps not
only to keep dust under control, it can be used to dry up a wet floor very
quickly. You might also try to consolidate work areas where students work on
their clay projects, so that only a small area needs to be vacuumed and mopped.

Don't know if this is possible, but an idea.

Sears makes a good wet/dry vac. If the administration can not pay for it,
perhaps a ceramics club could start a fund raiser. Last time I checked it cost
about $250, but maybe you could get one for less on ebay. Good ones are on
wheels and have a variety of different attachments for floors and table tops.

You could also vacuum tops of tables and the student canvas squares to further
cut down on dust.

I would avoid sweeping if at all possible, because that just stirs the dust up.

Diane