Re: [teacherartexchange] Art therapy question

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 19 2005 - 20:04:08 PST

Perhaps I'm wrong on this one because I seem to be
in the minority. But, I remember getting sick and leaving
class in college when a teacher said we should go on
as usual after John Kennedy was shot. I've never forgotten
that day. The death of a long time class mate or a favorite
teacher is an extreame thing for a young person to try and
deal with. That's why I've never "not dealt" with these
situations when they arose. We did art to deal with 9-11,
the deaths of teachers and of fellow students. I believe it
helped my students through tough times. I wish you luck in
whatever you decide. Since I'm no longer teaching I have
fewer funerals to attend (at least fewer funerals of young
people). Best of luck to you, Woody

--
	Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
		mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net