Re: [teacherartexchange] clay cleanup help

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 19 2005 - 16:26:29 PST

We used old drawing boards covered with canvas for
each student to work on. But we still covered the
tables with newspaper first. The custodian left
very large trash cans so we could carefully dispose
of small bits of clay and newspaper. When stacking
the clay "work boards" students were very careful
not to raise dust. I explained that since I was in
the room 8 hours per day I had to breath more dust
than they did. When we worked on clay the custodians
wet mopped the floors each night. Students took
care cause they loved working in clay and would
have hated to lose that chance. I think you are
headed in the right direction. Hang in there.
                                Woody

--
	Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
		mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net