[teacherartexchange] clay cleanup help

---------

From: Diane Davis (dianemdavis_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 19 2005 - 15:31:23 PST

This is the first year we've offered ceramics in addition to our
regular art classes in our middle school. We have kids working on clay
every day. The janitor sweeps every day, but we still have so much
dust that I leave footprints wherever I go. I have the kids using
canvas squares to work on their projects, and to knead them. Is plastic
better? Should I wash these cloth squares every other day? Right now we
just tend to shake off small pieces from them into the trash or
recycle. Is there anything that helps? I don't have them banging down
the clay from great heights, and I have curbed most of the clay
throwing or mischief that would have put clay on the floor. Any ideas?
diane