Re: [teacherartexchange] Art therapy question

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 19 2005 - 14:24:51 PST

Carol,
        This sort of loss happened more often than I wish
to remember at the Middle School I taught at. Several times
we did art in remembrance. One time the art was displayed at
the funeral service. Here is an example of when we created
a web page in the child's memory.
http://kancrn.kckps.k12.ks.us/rosedale/PrincessPamela.html
Pamela's sister was at my school. Pamela was a fifth grader
abducted while roller bladeing in front of her home and
later killed. The entire community was in shock and disbelief.
Every situation is different but an art project directed
to relieve pain is well worth doing. I suggest that you
mention your plans to your principal first.
        Sad situations are part of learning, Woody

--
	Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
		mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net