[teacherartexchange] Fine art in advertising - Pacific Life - I see a lesson....

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 19 2005 - 11:21:29 PST

Dear Art Educators,

I have seen the Pacific Life commercial featuring fine art styles
through time.... The whale - after Van Gogh - Seurat - Miro - Monet -
Cubism/Picasso and any I missed. Marianne posted the link to
ArtsEducators list:
http://www.pacificlife.com/About+Pacific+Life/General+Information/advertising.htm

What if you have your students design a commercial/ad using fine art?
Some kind of parody. Pick examples that would be in public domain for
inspiration.

Another interesting use of fine art images is the Desperate Housewives
intro. Artcyclopedia has a nice article about those images.
http://www.artcyclopedia.com/feature-2005-05.html

Regards,

Judy Decker

--