Re: [teacherartexchange] reconstituting Laguna underglazes

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 19 2005 - 06:52:08 PST

Reconstituting dried glazes is a wonderful activity for students who
finish their work really fast, and for those students who need a
purposeful activity to stay out of trouble. I found it easier to keep
the glaze in a big chunk, rather than chopping it up into chunks which
were hard to smooth out. If the glazes are totally dry, fill the jar
with water and let it sit for several days; if the glaze is still moist,
add water but don't fill it. When the glaze has softened, give a kid a
popsicle stick (for a small jar) or a long-handled spoon (for a pint
jar), and have them stir and stir and stir. Tell them YOU will add more
water if necessary; students tend to go overboard adding more. Compare
the consistency with a good jar of glaze.

Maggie