[teacherartexchange] Appleworks Presentation to iMovie?

---------

From: Harold Olejarz (holejarz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 18 2005 - 16:21:15 PST

Hi,

I am all Apple all the time but I do hate it when they don't give you
any options and in this case they don't. I checked an AppleWorks
presentation file and was shocked to see that they didn't let you save
the slides as jpegs or export them as jpegs. Even Microsoft lets you
export slides as jpegs.

What you can do is use the screen capture to capture each slide as an
image. It is a bit of a pain and time consuming if you have lots of
slides but this seems like the only option to me. Use Coomand-Shift-4
to capture each slide as a graphic. Then the students can take the
images and use a program like graphic converter, a great shareware
product to import the images and create an animated gif. if the
students take all of the images home therre are many PC programs that
create animated gifs. Animated gifs can also be posted on the web.

The screen shots may also be impoted into iMovie and then exported as
a quicktime video or burned onto a DVD.

Next time you do the project check out some of the free open-source
graphic programs that are available. I did a piece on them for this
issue of SchoolArts and it is posted on their
website:http://www.davis-art.com/schoolarts/index.asp The article is
called "Open Source Software is Geek-Speak for Free"

Harold

--
Harold Olejarz
www.olejarz.com