Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Lesson Planning Software

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 17 2005 - 21:00:05 PST

  I'm glad you are developing your tool kit. It looks like
something that would benefit teachers. Especially those
who need to turn in lesson plans or a regular basis. When
I wrote lessons out they were always much more detailed.
I did not see space for lists of materials, vocabulary,
and procedures plus the important evaluation tools most
districts require. Perhaps the space is there and I didn't
see it. The basic plans most districts except are next to

Do you import the state standards and benchmarks or just
use the nationals ? In your one example (grade 9) it relates
to mixing purple ? Shouldn't that be in the 2nd grade ?

Also, the concern about the busy background might be
handled by lightening it considerably. I do that with the
backgrounds on my web pages.

Ann Ayers wrote:
> Some of you have inquired about the software that makes lesson- planning
> so easy.
> I developed the Toolkit for Art Educators to make life easier for all
> of us!
> It's the ultimate toolkit for art teachers! Lesson Plans, Curriculum
> Mapping, Calendar, and worksheets! Everything is in one place and it's
> so easy to use!
> Now you can enter your lesson plans, align them to your state
> standards, add connections for the elements of art, principles of
> design, testing skills, national technology standards, ESOL and ESE
> strategies. Include your essential guiding question, objectives,
> vocabulary, materials, procedure, and assessment. Create rubrics from
> within the program. Print out reports for students, parents and
> administrators. Import images of your samples. Create Curriculum Maps
> and more!
> The good thing about this software is that after the first year (when
> you enter all of your lesson plans in detail), all you have to do is
> change the date, tweek and update the plans!
> $89 plus $4 postage.
> System Requirements: Macintosh Computer (OSX) or PC (Windows 2000 or
> higher) with CD drive
> You can order online at
> If you order, I'll need to know which platform you need (Mac or PC),
> which grade level (elem., middle, or high), and which state standards
> you would need.
> Let me know if you have any questions.
> Ann
> ---