[teacherartexchange] drums

---------

From: leah rachlis (leah_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 15 2005 - 17:44:23 PST

I made 70+ drums with Peace Camp this summer- we did most of the prep work
before hand, because it was a very young group... we used 4" PVC - and I
ended up with Slip & Slides which I cut up because we could not afford a
leather like material... I used embroidery rings, which did not hot glue
well the rims-oh wait, we put flower pots on top of the PVC... (it really
was a preparation nightmare...) we used silicone (very stinky - must do
outside)

Then the hoops went around the flower pot...

The end result was pretty cool - but it took alot of prep,and the littler
kids needed almost 1 on 1 assistances...

The Drums were a special request of the Peace Camp coordinator because they
had a drumming troupe coming, and wanted the kids to have drums- then it
turned out the drummers brought big drums for all the campers, URGH... but
it was very cool.

Oh- we decorated the drums with burlap, jute, beads and anything else that
was not tied down