[teacherartexchange] Altered Books - PURSES - Tutorial and images

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 15 2005 - 07:08:29 PST

Dear Art Educators,

Last year Patty Knott posted about making purses from old books -
another form of altered book art. An article appeared in Expression
magazine. I have the article (thanks to Maggie White) - but never got
around to writing out a simple "how to" for a lesson plan. I need to
try one myself first (on my to do list).

Well... the topic came up on the Altered Book list and here are the
links that were posted:

Tutorial from Tina:
http://www.rudehouse.com/Arystocrafts/craft_pages/BPTutorial.html
Examples:
http://www.rudehouse.com/Arystocrafts/craft_pages/purses.html

From HGTV:
http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/cr_accessories_purses/article/0,1789,HGTV_3227_3661732,00.html

These links will be added to the Altered Book Lesson Plan - send in
student examples if you do this with kiddies.

If anyone wants the article from Expression Magazine, I can send you
my copy (please reply off list with name and snail mail address).

Here is the text of the article - images omitted:
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0QVA/is_1_4/ai_n8695763

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/