Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Altered Books - PURSES - Tutorial and images

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 15 2005 - 07:08:29 PST

Dear Art Educators,

Last year Patty Knott posted about making purses from old books -
another form of altered book art. An article appeared in Expression
magazine. I have the article (thanks to Maggie White) - but never got
around to writing out a simple "how to" for a lesson plan. I need to
try one myself first (on my to do list).

Well... the topic came up on the Altered Book list and here are the
links that were posted:

Tutorial from Tina:

From HGTV:,1789,HGTV_3227_3661732,00.html

These links will be added to the Altered Book Lesson Plan - send in
student examples if you do this with kiddies.

If anyone wants the article from Expression Magazine, I can send you
my copy (please reply off list with name and snail mail address).

Here is the text of the article - images omitted:

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources

To unsubscribe go to