RE: [teacherartexchange] PDA's for teachers

---------

From: Jean King (jdking_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 15 2005 - 03:36:04 PST

I have used a Palm OS device since 2000. One of the problems, as with
any other computer, is that the technology keeps advancing so rapidly,
no matter how often you upgrade there always seems to be a new later
greater model on the horizon.

Having said that, Palm has an education site,
http://www.palm.com/us/education/ and a site specifically for sales to
educators, http://www.palm.com/us/education/store/ As far as I know
the sales site is only for the US.

I currently use a Palm Tungsten T5. I moved up to it for the amount of
memory

There are a wide variety of programs for teachers available on the Palm
OS. My district purchased "Making the Grade" for use on desktops and
laptops. I purchased my own PDA (read that as Palm OS) copy of it.

For software, try googling. I find that I use Documents to Go more
these days than anything else. Handango is a good source for Palm
software.

Good luck,
Jean