Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Numbe Whageh

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 14 2005 - 19:49:02 PST

Numbe Whageh is an earthwork created by a Santa Clara
artist to complement the massive bronze sculpture of the
Spanish Colonization installed at the Albuquerque Museum.
Most visitors will overlook the simple earthwork as just
more landscaping unless they are made aware of it. Nora
Naranjo-Morse worked independently to create this powerful
yet quiet statement about her peoples land prior to the
arrival of the Spanish. Walking down into her spiral
world is a meaningful journey. I created a new web page
with pics to make people aware of her creation.
The page includes links to sites that tell about the artist.
                        Enjoy, Woody

	Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
Ordering Address: PO Box 91703