[teacherartexchange] making drums

---------

From: Jeannette Anthos - JHH (JAnthos_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 14 2005 - 04:27:38 PST

Hello all!
I learned about making drums at the fall GAEA conference, using a big metal can (like a coffee can, but can also get them from school cafeteria) and scrap tire rubber (I am planning on doing this for "the sound of art")
OK, I have the materials, here's the problem:
I tried using a rubber band to attach the tire rubber to the can-there's too much slack-it's not tight enough to make a drum noise
So I have now tried the super HOT glue-it's working, BUT, my concern is that once the kids start playing & beating, the glue won't stay
Does anyone have any other suggestions????

Thanks!
Jeannette Anthos, M.A.Ed
Art Educator
GAEA Elementary Division Director
J. H. House Elementary School
2930 Hwy 20 North
Conyers, GA 30012
770-483-9504
Fax: 770-483-0397
www.artsonia.com/jhhouse1
http://jhh.blogs.com/anthos/

"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong."
-Joseph Chilton Pearce