Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Art-Music Integration - Kandinsky Lesson Plan

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 11 2005 - 04:56:37 PST

Greetings Art Educators,

Here is a "new-to-me" resource from the Guggenheim.
Arts Curriculum Online:

Lessons are interdisciplinary - use the pull down menu to check
lessons by subject area. Here is the link to the Kandinsky lesson:
Many other artists are featured with pages like this.

Good Kandinsky quote from this lesson:

"Color is the keyboard, the eyes are the hammers, the soul is the
piano with many strings. The artist is the hand that plays, touching
one key or another purposely, to cause vibrations in the soul."
–Vasily Kandinsky, The Effect of Color, 1911

The Kandinsky lesson and the quote were featured in Riverdeep Newsletter today.
Riverdeep also featured other lessons from the Gugggenheim.

You may subscribe at:

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources