Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] need help with budgets

From: Sidnie Miller (smiller_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 10 2005 - 08:44:42 PST

Wow! Is it a new school?? It depends on what subjects you're teaching. If you only are doing drawing and a little painting you could scratch by with $1,000. If you are supposed to teach subjects like Photo, Ceramics, Jewelry, printmaking etc. they are really costly. We get a $20 fee from students in those classes but we still need $4000-$5000 to do a good job.

>>> 11/09/05 4:44 PM >>>
Hello all,
I recently interviewed at a high school that had
NOTHING in the way of supplies for an art class. I
asked the principal abt the budget and she told me
they didnt have one and asked ME how much I would need
to purchase all the supplies for a school yr. Needless
to say, I had to guess at what I would need, as I
didnt really know HOW much to ask for, as I never did
a budget before.
All you experienced art teachers out there, can you
help me in how to answer this question the next time I
am asked? (I didnt get the job by the way, perhaps I
asked for too much?)
thanks very much