RE: [teacherartexchange] need help with budgets

---------

From: KPRS (kprs2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 10 2005 - 05:48:55 PST

My suggestion next time is to give a dollar amount per kid. Makes the
administration think (and try to multiple in their heads, ha ha). For
example in our high school we have 4 art teachers and we each get
approximately $10.00 per student per semester (we have semester courses).
Then you segue into the conversation how much art supplies cost by saying
something like "you know, brushes cost....", or "1 jar of glaze can set a
budget back $6.00". I DO know that what we get is very generous, but I think
you get my point on HOW to say how much you need and how to justify that
need.

San D