Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Shadow Boxes

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 09 2005 - 16:54:39 PST

Greetings Sarah and all,

I have added a brief "how to" on the Haitian tin lizard lesson plan -
at the bottom (that is the one that shows the frame. We did this with
our drawing unit on art of Haiti (fantasy jungles).

The frames were decorated in patterns and colors that related to the
drawing. We used paint markers and puffy paints (small squeeze bottle
fabric paints). I made a rough diagram that shows the scoring of the
poster board to make the box.

Judy Decker

On 11/7/05, Markwald, Sarah <> wrote:
> Hello All,
> I was recently searching through the Incredible Art Dept. website and
> found a lesson similar to the one I was teaching on Rousseau jungle
> drawings and Haitian art. I would like to know more about the technique
> used in this lesson to create shadow boxes around the artwork. I
> believe the lesson was created by Judy Decker.

To unsubscribe go to