Re:[teacherartexchange] Good Night and Good Luck

---------

From: Leah Rachlis (leah_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 09 2005 - 10:33:25 PST

Hey Woody,

I am a representative of that almost 50 crowd - but I do not think I am a
typical specimen, as my parents and their associates are/were known "pinko
commies" types. Having been raised in the mist of the anti-war and civil
right movements - I have a deep appreciation for my freedom of speech (and
everyone else's)!

My daughter had to do a project for IB Social Studies about the first
amendment - she choose to focus on a singer named Emenem - whose music I
will not allow in my house I find him so discussing. However, we had to
agree, that I would fight for his right to be reprehensible.

I have yet not seen Good Night and Good Luck, I live in a very right-wing
town, and there is only one theater that will be hosting it -and it is not
here yet....

I suspect very few of my peers appreciate the significance of the era, and
can respect the battles that were won, not all were won though, in Memory of
the Rosenbergs - I acknowledge that some rights were salvaged at a great
cost to us all.

Leah