[teacherartexchange] "Art Songs" by Robbie Quinn

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 09 2005 - 05:19:13 PST

Greetings Art Educators,

Here is another CD to add to your wish list for Christmas - or order
your own copy now (order with PayPal). The songs are great. Jeannette
Anthos recommended I check out Robbie Quinn's "Art Songs".
http://www.robbiequinn.com/?page_id=5

From Jeannette:

...he is a former middle school teacher, working on his PhD @ UGA. He
composes, plays the music and sings. My kids LOVE it. check it out:
http://www.robbiequinn.com/?page_id=5

About Art Songs (from Robbie's site):

The project is a recorded collection of songs for art teachers to use
with their students. These songs, ranging in content from color theory
to the elements of art, are composed in a variety of musical styles to
appeal to younger children while being listenable for adults. I have
designed these songs to be used as introductory lessons for teaching
content that may help students get "hooked" into the subject matter
through fun and entertaining ways. Some of the songs have even been
accentuated through hand motions that students can do as they sing. In
this way, a wide range of learning styles can be accommodated for
effective classroom instruction.

Track listings for you to listen to:

        The Color Wheel
        The Sculpture Song
        The Temperature of Color
        The Blues-
        Aesthetics-
        The Elements of Art Suite :
        - Line -
        - Value-
        - Color-
        - Shape-
        - Space-
        - Texture-

You will need to order the CD to hear the whole songs. CD is only
$10.00 plus $2.00 shipping.

I will see if you can order with a check, too (since many don't like
to use PayPal).

Enjoy!

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department