[teacherartexchange] Good Night and Good Luck

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 08 2005 - 15:40:50 PST

Frani and I just got back from this movie. I was
so impressed with the black and white portrayal
of the period, with lots of cigarette smoke and
such. It was an accurate retelling of the story
of the struggle between CBS and the junior senator
from Wisconsin. Frani and I knew the background
and how it effected the country. I remember teachers
concerned about the magazines they subscribed to.
What we wondered was, would anyone
ten or more years younger than us have really
understood the message or have gotten the real
extent of the damage done to the country back then ?
I was in Junior High at the time and remember the
hearings in the summer of 57 or 58. I was vaguely
aware of what was happening. Of course someone ten
tears older than me would have really been aware
of what was happening. But, I wonder about people
50 and younger now. Do they get a strong message
from the film ? As art, this movie is wonderful.
I do recommend that everyone go see it.
                        Woody

--
	Woody, Retired in Albuquerque