[teacherartexchange] Looking for Art Museum/Public school collaborative models

---------

From: Meg Spielman Peldo (megsp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 07 2005 - 18:02:34 PST

Hi,
 I am an artist and also on the Board of Education in Fargo, North Dakota.
We have a program called the Creative Arts Studio that has been operating
since the mid 70's, where in addition to art teachers in the elementary
classrooms, 5500+ elementary students come to the studio once each year for
a Discipline Based Art lesson, by an artist in residence, in ceramics or
printmaking. We are planning to partner with our local Plains Art Museum,
and move the studio to their location, collaborate on programming, and add a
community component as well that will hopefully inspire patrons from
toddlers to retirees. I am wondering if anyone knows of such a collaborative
effort between a Public School District and an Art Museum that we can look
to as a model. It's a challenge to work out the details of how this exciting
partnership will work.

Thanks for any help,

Meg Spielman Peldo

Vice President