[teacherartexchange] Shadow Boxes

---------

From: Markwald, Sarah (smarkwald_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 07 2005 - 10:18:10 PST

Hello All,
I was recently searching through the Incredible Art Dept. website and
found a lesson similar to the one I was teaching on Rousseau jungle
drawings and Haitian art. I would like to know more about the technique
used in this lesson to create shadow boxes around the artwork. I
believe the lesson was created by Judy Decker. I would love more
details on how the box was created and what ideas you provided students
with for decorating them.
Any other suggestions for designing a frame around a drawing would also
be helpful. For my lesson, I am having students draw their jungle
scenes, outline with sharpie, color with crayon and fill the negative
space (land/sky) with water color for a resist. Our work is 10 x 16 in
size.

Thanks,
Sarah

University School of Milwaukee