article

---------

From: marcia (marciadotcom_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 30 2004 - 17:00:55 PST

Nancy,
First of all, let me thank you for encouraging other art teachers to submit work. I eagerly anticipate each and every issue of School Arts. I hope this is not a bother to you, and if it is too much trouble don't worry about my request. I submitted an article a few months ago and I was so delighted to find out that it was accepted to be published!! The article I wrote was titled "The Value of Nonobjective Art" (and feel free to change the title). I'm wondering if you have the schedule of future issues and if you know when it will be published. I'm going to be relocating in the near future and it would be wonderful to include the article in my professional portfolio. Thank you for your time! Marcia Lavery

Nancy Walkup <nwalkup@dentonisd.org> wrote:
School Arts Magazine has a regular feature called ClipCards that I would
like to invite all of you to write. All you need is one image of a
student artwork and a brief written accompaniment. The cards look like
postcards and four are printed on a page, one each month for Early
Childhood, Elementary, Middle School and High School. The length needed
is only about 150 words. Pam Stephens' students are writing some for me,
but I can use quite a few. They certainly take much less time than an
article and you will get author's credit and a small stipend. You can
even email me the text and digital photograph. Please let me know if you
are interested.

Thanks,

Nancy