Re: train wrecks

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (smiller_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 30 2004 - 12:32:53 PST

I'm always doing new things--I try to do one new thing all the time in
one class or other. It just keeps me interested. One of my jewelry
students said to me, "You know, it's a mistake to rush into your
assignments in here because about half way through, you'll figure out a
new improved technique that will make the project better or easier or
something...and it's true. I always do the assignment first to try to
figure out what the problem areas will be, but sometimes things that
seem easy for me are a problem for the kids. The great thing about my
newness and excitement for projects is that the kids are really happy to
suggest new and better ideas for us all to use, and it models creative
solutions to problems.
The great thing about art is that there seem to be an infinite number
of cool ideas, techniques, processes, media etc,. and we can keep on
learning and discovering forever.

---
leave-artsednet-20359V@lists.getty.edu
---