Re: Block printing with Easy-Kut materials

---------

From: robin phillips (robinmcp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 30 2004 - 11:27:33 PST

Quite by accident I discovered that a drawing can be transfered simply by
laying it face down on the ez-cut and rubbing the back. Of course it comes
out backwards, but then it prints like the drawing. The pencil drawing
needs to be pretty dark to transfer. Then I have the students go over their
drawing with a Sharpie, filling in the areas they do not plan to cut. When
they begin cutting, they only remove the white areas. Hope this helps.
Robin

>From: "Ann Wilschke" <AWilschke@sjschools.org>
>To: "ArtsEdNet Talk" <artsednet@lists.getty.edu>
>Subject: Re: Block printing with Easy-Kut materials
>Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 08:39:28 -0500
>
>I remember that there was quite a discussion about how great this new
>material was. So I purchased it and now don't remember any of your
>tips. Please let me know if that are special ways you waork with this.
>I did find out yesterday that carbon paper does not work to transfer the
>image. Any tips? I would appreciate them. I am working with an
>advanced 8th grade class. THANKS!
>

>---

---