Nice little book - Understanding Modern Art

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 30 2004 - 10:46:29 PST

Dear Art Educators,

It is funny.... I am now rediscovering all of my
books...Once technology came (Internet) I no longer
had time to use my books it seems...and art books were
one of my "passions" before Internet. I must say I am
no longer addicted to buying books... I got out of
Waldenbooks the other day without buying one bargain
book....I did hold them and look at them...some GREAT
deals. Worth taking a look...anyways.

This litte book - Understanding Modern Art (by
Bohm-Duchen and Cook) - is jam packed with good
material for elementary through middle school teachers
(OK a good refresher for high school, too). Book is 64
pages - mine is paper back and sold for $7.95 when I
bought it- ISBN 0-7460-0475-3
The reproductions in it are small - but you could find
larger ones online for just about all that are in this
book (I know I have seen them in my web wanderings).
The book is organized by Themes in Modern art - then
deals with some good "aesthetic" issues - and has
brief bios (just a paragraph) of many artists and
summarizes all of the isms and gives you a time frame
for each one...I must say - I forgot some of those
isms over the years.

Barb Y and Anne R if you are reading...a nice addition
to your Modern Art print sets you are getting.

Cheers,

Judy Decker