Re: new stuff on my site

---------

From: Leah Rachlis (leah_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 30 2004 - 08:21:00 PST

hello Mike,

I feel as though I've been eavesdropping on your conversations - I was as poking around trying to figure out what project you were discussing - some of the list mail gets stuck in my Spam catcher so I only get glimpses of conversations -

BUT: I too am in my 3rd year of teaching (I too frequently feel like I am dodging a train wreck!) AND I too am a graduate of SVA - how cool - I suspect I am a wee bit older than you - I walked across the stage at Lincoln center in 1982...

I was a design major - spent 20+ years doing graphics - I got sick of it after it all became computerized I tried my hand at social service and burnt out way too quickly - - so here I am teaching art at a charter school in Colorado -it's been a long road home

go figure - I'm a long way from 23rd street!

 - Leah

  . I went to what many would consider one of the better art schools (SVA) but my major was advertising design.

---