Mike and Linda transfer process

---------

From: Larry Prescott (larrcott1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 30 2004 - 07:03:48 PST

Mike and Linda,

I have done this radial design with 5th and 7th graders. I have a slight twist to the transfer process. Kids cut out a large circle and then fold it in half, quarters, and then eighths. They open it up and draw their design on one "slice." This is then folded over the neighboring slice and the back is rubbed with a hard object. When the design is transferred, the lines are reinforced and then the two finished slices are folded over the next quarter. After reinforcing the lines again, the design is folded over the other half of the circle and rubbed. That's all there is to the process. You can look at some finished projects under "Student Work"..."Radial Balance" on my website

http://mms.d321.k12.id.us/webart/index.html

Linda, did Judy already post your information on the IAD? I might have missed it.

Mike, I like the way you integrated collage into the one-point rooms. I think I will try this idea this year. In the past, I have had kids design their personal one-point interiors. This seems like a natural addition. This is may third year as a middle school art teacher and I appreciate the ideas both of you share. You make my job much more enjoyable.

Larry Prescott
Art Teacher
http://mms.d321.k12.id.us/webart/index.html
Madison Middle School