RE: scratchboard on the cheap

---------

From: C Kerch (ckerch_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 29 2004 - 23:53:39 PST

Paperclips are good but can rip through the scrathboard if the students
aren't gentle. I had a bunch of wooden stylus given to me by an exiting 2nd
grade teacher, they were very good but worn done. What I found to replace
them were wood shiskewbob sticks that you can buy at the grocery for under
$2.00. The pack usually has 25 long wood sticks with pointed ends that work
well with the scratch board you just need to cut the wood down a little so
the kids don't poke their eyes out with the longer sticks.

Mahalo,
Cathy
Honolulu, HI

>From: Evahesse@aol.com
>To: "ArtsEdNet Talk" <artsednet@lists.getty.edu>
>Subject: scratchboard on the cheap
>Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 10:09:41 -0500
>
>i bought some scratchboard recently and now i am wondering what sorts of
>tools to give my students to work on it with. i've been going around the
>house and fooling around with little files and paperclips and such. i don't
>have the traditional scratchboard tools in my classroom. what do you
>recommend i have my students use?
>
>---

---