Linda Woods' Chairs and other WOW sculptures

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 29 2004 - 11:51:57 PST

Greetings ArtsEdNetters,

Linda Woods has sent me some REAL gems from her
student work. I will work on getting them shared
tomorrow.....I have other work ahead of them.

Sculptural chairs (I am guessing kid size chairs - I
don't think they are adult size)
When a box is not a box (very cool!)
Retablos (very cool!) - these are box shrines.

All of them used cardboard - lots of masking tape -
paper mache - then paint (and extra sculptural stuff -
you will see). These will be for grades 5 through 8
(certainly adaptable).

You can write your own lesson plans from the work for
now... I will be adding words of wisdom from Linda
that I have saved to file. Think about doing the box
project after Christmas - tell kids to save sturdy
gift boxes (I you don't have lids - they are easy to
make). Set a size limit on them (showbox size)

Regards,

Judy Decker