RE: Teaching kids to center on the wheel

---------

From: cen_aca_dp (cen_aca_dp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 25 2004 - 21:23:10 PST

>3) Clay reacts to fast movements. If you rapidly move your hands away from
>the clay, it will not go on center. >
>Hope this helps.
>Numo

I have a funny, but very embarrassing story in regards to this. I was student
teaching in a high school and was showing a male student how to center when he
pulled his hands away from the clay very quickly. Before I could think, I said
to him, "Don't jerk off!" Oh, if you could have seen the look on his face! I
quickly added, "Your hands off the clay", but the damage was done.
Hope this doesn't offend anyone! Just wanted to share a smile. :)

Denise Pannell
Defiance, OH

---