Re: Teaching kids to center on the wheel

---------

From: Jude & Frank (jgrochowski_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 25 2004 - 09:23:14 PST

Gail,
    I am no expert at this at all and it's also been a few years since I
taught wheel throwing, but I recall locking elbows on my thighs-and I
mention this only because, maybe due to variations in height one way might
be more comfortable and 'natural' than another. Also, I think I always had
the wheel going faster at the beginning of the process and slower as it went
on...
    For whatever this is worth-and good luck, I wonder if there probably is
little else this frustrating in teaching art-esp. when a student is trying
really hard and still can't get it. I remember one of my favorite girls
crying because she tried repeatedly-I felt so bad for her and that I was
failing her.
Kind regards!
Jude
PS Happy Thanksgiving, all!