Re: Teaching kids to center on the wheel

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aiheineman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 25 2004 - 06:19:43 PST

Good point, Linda!
    As someone with a visual impairement (misaligned eyes, nystagmus and
mixed left-right dominance plus a vestibular imbalance,) I had lots of
problems with working on the wheel, which was compounded by the fact that
our instructor refused to allow left handers to throw left handed (yes, it
can be done with a manual stone kick). So I constantly struggled with
learning this skill. Teachers need to be patient with students...they are
not, nor should they be, in the same box.
    Tell us more about your contact with the Center for the Blind. It
appears you had no response for your idea?

                        Ann-on-y-mouse in chilly Columbus
                        Art teacher, K-5, retired