Some "how to" from Mark for the life size portraits

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 24 2004 - 15:45:55 PST

Greetings ArtsEdNetters,

Mark Anderson posted this to Art Educators list.

A member asked...

> These "moveable murals" are great! I have one
question though....How do you blow
up a digital photo that big?

I use a digital projector to enlarge the digital
pictures. Many digital cameras have an
RCA jack so that you can connect the camera to a
television to go through your photos. Using the same
idea, I use a digital projector that I borrowed from
the media center, connect the cable from the camera to
the projector and -- like a slide projector -- I
project the digital picture onto the wall for students
to trace contour lines for reference (also making a
connection between technology and "analogue" art
making!) You can do the same thing with a laptop
computer and a digital projector by the way. Just copy
your images from the camera to the computer, plug the
projector in and enlarge 'em. I have to say that the
digital projector is one of the most dynamic
and exciting tools for the art classroom. I make
videos and slide shows for every new lesson, merge
sound effects and voices and music, project it all up
on the wall in super human size...and it gets
everyone's attention in the classroom!

Mark
------------------------------------
If you missed the lesson idea - go to Exhibit 6:
http://www.ideacreative.com/8th_grade_art/a002.html

Mark has some pretty interesting work on his site:
http://www.ideacreative.com/
He is also the one who shared that Art Journal pdf
file.

He is linked up on my Art Teacher web pages (under
artists).

Regards,

Judy Decker

=====