VERY COOL! "Moveable Murals" Student life size portraits

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 24 2004 - 13:09:47 PST

Dear Art Educators,

Here is a super idea for middle school (adaptable to
elementary if maybe you work in groups).

Mark Anderson has done "moveable murals" - Life size
cut outs of studens (from digital photos blown up and
drawn onto cardboard). Figures are finished with
paint-collage-paper mache - anything they wanted to
add. These figures can be arranged and re-arranged
into any kind of environment. Great idea for Art on a
Thread - these are awesome!
Go to:
http://www.ideacreative.com/8th_grade_art/a002.html
Check out the Mona all done with images of the kids
work too. Go to exhibit 6 for the life size figures.

I think high school would even enjoy this - maybe make
theirs a permanent display? Done out of masonite or
plywood.

Regards,

Judy Decker

=====