Re: Interdisciplinary Pueblo Culture/Pottery WebQuest

---------

From: West Friedman (FRIEDMAW_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 24 2004 - 08:19:07 PST

A few weeks ago there was a lot of mail re. marbleing paper. Is there a site I can go to to read how to do it?

>>> jdecker4art@yahoo.com 11/20/04 07:37PM >>>
Dear Art Educators,

Here is the link to a WebQuest designed for fifth
grade students (suitable for middle school).
http://npe.newpal.k12.in.us/artweb/new_page_4.htm
Clyde Gaw (art teacher) was one of the teachers who
worked on this. The project culminates in the
completion of a coil pot featuring personal symbols as
decoration (to express culture). Students also create
a PowerPoint from the knowledge learned from the Web
Quest. I have not checked to see if all of the links
are still active. Links to this Web Quest will be
provided on my site - and on the coil pot lesson plan.

A Getty list member is now working on smooth coil pots
and burnishing them - and may saggar fire them to get
the blackware finish (like Maria Martinez).

Regards,

Judy Decker