grading update

---------

From: K A (arizkma_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 23 2004 - 18:07:22 PST

Judy ~

Well, here's today's update. My principal wants to find out from the district office what the district policy is on arts grades, but he thinks that it may in fact be effort and behavior based, even though the district went to a standards based report card for other subjects this year. And he's also going to ask the district fine arts dept. to match me up with a mentor teacher that will help with issues like this. That will be positive in the long run, but I felt kind of bad about it happening under these circumstances. Well, I also talked to the first grade and principal at my other school. They said "If we have to give grades, so do you!" with a smile and were very supportive.

~ Kathleen