Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Cuban Artist for Printmaking Units - Lino cuts and more

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 23 2004 - 13:54:47 PST

Dear Art Educators,

Many were interested in learning about
Hispanic/Latino/Cuban artists. I know I have been slow
to add them to my site. Here is one artist I will be
adding from Cuba (now living in California).
Viredo Espinosa -painter and printmaker
Mature students can surf the site (very well done).
You may want to select works to show younger students
(view prints in html so you can save images). Do check
the Engravings section for strong white/black prints.
Many African American/Cuban entertainers - tie in with

Here is the image that got me hunting - Little Walter:
Another good Jazz print - Satchmo:

Vivian Komando uses this artist with her printmaking
unit. A link will be added on my Hispanic Art page.
I will also add a link to Printmkaing

Hope this artist inspires....Woody - if you are
reading - I know you would like these prints.

Judy Decker

Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources

Do You Yahoo!?