Revisions made to Elementary Rubric

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 23 2004 - 06:24:44 PST

Greetings Art Educators,

I made some changes to the Basic Elemtentary Rubric:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/E-rubric2.htm

I did add the file from the unknown author (it was
from a very old Getty post).

I added a blurb on how I would use it.... PLUS added a
line for parent signature. Get parents on your side
right from the start. It is parents you are more
concerned about....not the core teachers. You should
demand excellence, too....and parents will thank you.
There are many ways to achieve excellence in the art
room. "Talent" is only a part of that. Once elementary
children have learned how to achieve excellence -
middle school teachers and high school teachers will
be able to spend more time teaching and developing
skills.

Elementary teachers should really push for behavior to
be included as part of the grade. Bad behavior effects
everyone's grades.....so bad behavior should have an
impact on the grade of the offender. Middle school and
high school teachers will thank you.

Hope this helps.... If anyone every does develop the
perfect basic rubric - send it my way and I will share
with everyone. Marvin - if you see this...How can I
improve this elementary rubric?

Regards,

Judy Decker

=====