Archaeology: Ancient Civilizations News - Explorator list

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 22 2004 - 09:33:24 PST

Dear Art Educators,

Here is a way to bring your ancient civilizations
studies up to date. See what new bits of information
have been found.

Linda Woods sent me the URL for last week's Explorator
Digest:

I was "hooked" right away.... Lots of resources of
interest to check.

"EXPLORATOR is a free weekly newsletter representing
the fruits of the labours of 'media research division'
of The Atrium. Various on-line news and magazine
sources are scoured on a daily basis for news of the
ancient world (broadly construed: practically anything
relating to archaeology or history prior to about 1700
or so is fair game) and they are delivered to your
mailbox free of charge every Sunday morning!"

You can also read the Newsletter on David Meadow's web
site:
Read the latest Explorator on the web at:
http://www.atrium-media.com/rogueclassicism/categories/explorator
(I will probably add this link to Ancient
Civilizations page)

Here is just one tidbit of information I found.
Tests are being conducted to determine King Tut's
cause of death

There are updates this week (although no "new" news on
this).
Tutankhamen's CAT Scan:

http://weekly.ahram.org.eg/2004/717/eg4.htm
http://news.independent.co.uk/world/africa/story.jsp?story=584365
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6489609/
http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/041114/w111446.html

Happy surfing. There are bits of information for many
ancient civilizations just in these two weeks.

Judy Decker