Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

History of Nations Web Site

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 22 2004 - 08:48:43 PST

Dear Art Educators,

Terri Willingham posted this site to Net Gold.

History of Nations

"This site has a history of every nation in the world.
 Each country is covered by a brief essay which gives
the highlights of each nation's history. All
information is based on content from the US State
Department with new material added."

All information is current within the last couple
years. I think this is a valuable resource to help
social studies teachers and art instructors trying to
cover a number of world cultures. It would be a good
addition to your Web Quests as a starting point to
gather information. Those of you who do ancient
civilizations can use this site to make connections to

Just out of curiosity - I did seach the site for
Puerto Rico and not much is given (I know it is not a
"nation"). Accurate information is given for nations I
did check.

I added a link to World cultures for this site:

Judy Decker

Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources

Do You Yahoo!?