Re: EdLine, anyone?

---------

From: C Kerch (ckerch_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 22 2004 - 01:31:59 PST

I also use Edline and GradeQuick but I and my other teachers refuse to
export our grades to Edline for several reasons. One of the main reasons
that I don't export my grades to Edline is that the grades posted are not
the final and absolute grade that a student will receive. For example, 20%
of my student's grade is based on participation that is also gives me leeway
to boost a student's grade that may be on the borderline but the child gives
110%. I don't add participation into the grade book until after a project
or at the end of the quarter so if a parent is looking at their child's
grade in Edline and see's an A that is not the true grade because it can
change when the 20% participation is added. Parents may not understand this
when looking at Edline. Thankfully, I have the option not to post my grades
to Edline because of my curriculum.

---